Monday, September 29, 2008

Which is more worth it?

What do you think?

A toaster or a toaster oven or both?

Joey tells me that toaster ovens are great appliances and yet, I have never used one. My mom never used one ever. I am not even really sure what they are for. I don't have a toaster at all right now and that is because I am not a fan of the stuff. I could eat it, but what's wrong with regular bread? Why ruin the freshness by toasting it? Joey does like toast so we have to get something...but what? While I don't know where we are living, I'm anticipating lack of counter space. And of course, we'll have a microwave as well. Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love our toaster oven - it's big enough to roast a chicken! It's great to cook smaller amounts of things (like oven chips) without needing to heat up the whole oven. I also use it to toast bread, bagels, and other things that are not the usual toaster size.

Jenny said...

Toaster ovens are much more versatile than toasters. You can use it as a mini-oven. Get a toaster oven, not a toaster.

Chris said...

Agreed! I never had a toaster oven until Kareena gave me her old one. They're great for heating up things like sandwiches, frozen pizzas and chips that wouldn't fit into a regular toaster, without turning on the whole oven.

Tyler said...

Toaster oven, dude. It's the only way to go.

Liz said...

I have never owned a toaster oven so maybe I don't know what I am missing! I don't like clutter on my countertops & storing something that big would be hard. I probably would't want to bother getting it out so I would end up using the oven. Just my opinion!

Becca said...

I went for the toaster just because I wanted to save counter space and figured I'd use the oven on the off chance I ever needed to toast something that wouldn't fit in the toaster.

My roommate had a toaster oven when I lived with her and I used it for a sandwich maybe once, so I am fine so far with just the toaster!

Good luck with this very important decision. It could affect your marriage for years to come. ;-)