Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Personal Shopping Experience

Last week my mom informed me that the Christmas Eve Party and any bridal showers that I attend will be semi-dressy. I sort of freaked out...so close to Christmas and I didn't have anything to wear--especially not for the 17 degree weather they've been going on about. So shopping was in the forecast.

It isn't that I don't like shopping, but just that I am in a rut with what I buy. It has gotten so bad that I can pinpoint which clothes other people have and which season they got them from my favorite store.

But my mom came through with an exciting idea! She would schedule for me a Personal Shopper at Nordstroms. I would meet with this person and try on some new things and get an outfit that I could wear to work, to showers, and most immediately, to Christmas Eve.

Saturday morning was the moment of truth. I met Joni at the Galleria and she showed me to a huge dressing room. She had already set out some things in my size--mostly from the sale racks. Nordstroms, as you well know, isn't the cheapest store in the mall.

After an hour of trying on I found something that I liked. We headed down the stairs to the other sections of the store (and saw Santa on the way). We needed to find a wrap for my outfit--something a little warmer for Chicago. On the way, we also found shoes, undergarments and accessories.

In the end, I had 10 items (soon to be 8 after some buyers-remorse returns) and 3 main outfits that I could wear about 9 different ways! After Nordstroms I headed over to my favorite store and got some dressy jeans to go with my new shoes to make another round of outfits with just a couple of things.

Guess what? I know have the ability to dress like a 26-year-old adult. So don't mistake me for Katie next time you see me!

No comments: