Monday, January 19, 2009

Catch Up

Around the turn of the year, I realized that the wedding is coming almost as fast as a speeding bullet. As a result, I am feeling rushed to do all the little things that need to get done.

My first order of business was to find a hair stylist and a makeup artist for the big day. At first I was polling all my friends that recently got married, but they all did so on the Westside. If you learn anything about LA, know that a business on the Westside when you are getting married in the Valley is like working with a business in Nevada. It just isn't feasible. Nobody from the Westside wants to go to the Valley and vice a versa.

Then I decided that I should ask Joey's sister Jenny to ask her friends. I knew that she went to at least four weddings in 2008, so I thought I had a good chance of getting someone. It was a good choice. Jenny's friends readily provided me with the information as well as pictures. In just 3 days I found both a hairstylist and makeup person--both who live in the Valley. Boooyah!

The next task was to find a place to get our nails done before the event. I had already tried out a place close to the chosen hotel but I found it to be very quick and warehouse-like. It wasn't the relaxing experience nail places are supposed to provide. Jenny told me that she loved a place nearby and suggested we go there together. Yesterday, we went and it was marvelous. It was very spa like and made me feel very relaxed. I also liked how the people there spoke English (which is rare in this part of town for nail technicians). I contacted Kristen and the plans were made.

Today I went shopping and got some shoes for the wedding! I felt like a hypocrit telling all my bridesmaids they had to get their shoes back in July and then never getting them myself. It was a weight off my shoulders to get my shoes today.

Joey and I also mandated that we make our honeymoon plans by the end of the weekend. Being a 3-day weekend we had extra time to do it and managed the task by 9pm tonight!

The next tasks include getting transportation after the wedding, a room for that night, finalizing the menu, finalizing the invitations, and I'm sure there are lots of odds and ends I'm forgetting.

In our free time, Joey and I are still looking for places to live, playing softball, and hanging out with all our friends. We also went to Disneyland twice this week and plan to go several more times before the wedding!

1 comment:

Nadine said...

sounds like a busy January -- good planning