Sunday, April 6, 2008

Engagement Dinner


My mom and dad threw a delightful engagement dinner party last night for the nuclear families. We drove up to Ojai around 4:30 and met at Katie's house for some appetizers. They got a delicious plate of taquitos and sparkling apple and grape juice.

We chatted a while at Katie's house and tried to play with Christopher who only wanted to go outside or eat. Jenny brought Gavin for the appetizers and then he left when we went to dinner.

Once the babysitter arrived, we made a sneaky exit and started walking over to the Ojai Inn and Spa for dinner. The walk to the spa was really nice albeit a little long. We must have looked a site all dressed up and walking. Not to mention, my mom got boutonnières for both Joey and I to wear on our lapels. They were really beautiful, but they definitely made us stand out among the crowd.

Once we got there we went to look at the beautiful view and noticed a wedding going on overlooking it. They were either doing the first dance or the ceremony--but either way the bride was dancing around the groom twirling her veil. I noticed her dress was ivory which is sort of a new trend. The thing is, my mom told me that that used to mean that the woman was married before. I think just because of that I will stick with white.

After checking out the view we posed for countless pictures trying to get some great ones. Joey and I decided that instead of professional photos for the engagement we can count on the massive amounts of pictures one can take with their digital cameras.


We had a private-style room right near the beautiful fireplace for dinner. My mom brought matching flowers to our boutonnières for the table centerpiece. She dropped them off beforehand so that they were on the table. Very Diane-esque. The waiter was incredibly attentive and the evening went without a hitch.

It was really fun to just dine with everyone whom we will soon call family. The dinner, although at a fancy location requiring everyone to dress up--was actually quite relaxing and enjoyable.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I just told you, but I'll tell you again. You should have Gavin take pictures of you & Joey. He takes great pictures and has a very fancy digital camera. He'd do a good job. Although you'd have to sit for about a gazillion shots.

Carrie said...

I feel like that would be awkward.

Jenny said...

No no. You just have to ignore him. Those pictures of him and I on his blog were taken with his camera by his mom. If his mom can make nice shots like that, surely Gavin can, too.